Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 11 - freedom of the Seas - day 5 - George Town, Grand Cayman Island



Our ship docked at George Town at 8am this morning.  We had decided not to do any tours today but just to explore this tiny township.  Jonathan, Nick and I had breakfast together in the Windjammer (buffet) Restaurant.  I am so glad that I had managed some time at the gym yesterday, just 30 minutes on the treadmill but with all this wonderful food, the weight is just stacking on! Anyway, Nick and I ventured into George Town on our own as Jonathan has hurt his foot on Tuesday on a rock whilst at the beach at Labadee and his foot was hurting him so he opted to stay on the boat for a leisurely day.  Nick and I puchased a couple of small souvenirs and looked around the town and then headed back on the tender boat to our ship, just in time for lunch.  Afterwards, Nick had a quiet afternoon reading in the library whilst I spent a couple of hours in the steam room at the gym and the spa pool - lovely and relaxing.  At 4pm Nick and I met with Glen for afternoon tea and then time for a quick "nana nap" before heading for the "on Air" bar for happy hour!  It's our second formal night on-bord so we need to get dressed up for our dinner in the Galileo Restaurant. It was also lobster night in the restuarant which Nick thoroughly enjoyed - Broiled Lobster Tail and Garlic Prawns. Jonathan had dinner in the Windjammer with Ryan and James, then headed off for a Teen night, and DJing class.






No comments:

Post a Comment